We visited Fernando, from Komet, so that he could tell us in detail about the new features and advantages that the Komet F360 System brings to endodontics.It is the intelligent system of two files provided by Komet to make the preparation of the root canal is easy, pleasant, simple and safe. And you can see the advantages right from the start.
This endodontic file system is ideal for beginner endodontists in mechanical canal preparation and also in almost any endodontic challenge. Even those who never really liked endodontic treatment will now be delighted with the F360 system.
Demonstration of the biomechanical root canal preparation process with the F360 system
What are the main features of the Komet F360 system?
For dentists just starting out in mechanical endodontics it is an ideal file system because thanks to its .04 taper, its very thin core and its double S-shaped cross section, the file has a lot of flexibility and adapts very well to the morphology of any root canal, be it very fine, very curved, S-shaped orthodontic ducts.... You shouldn't be afraid when you use this file because it won't break!
If you are an expert endodontist, it is a more conservative file system that allows you a lot of room for maneuver.
Advantages of this endodontic file system:
- The preparation with the F360 system is very fast. The files are very sharp and as a rule a root canal can be treated in as little as 3 minutes.
- The F360 system is extremely practical, in most cases 2 files are enough, without the need to adjust the torque when changing the file.
- The system is suitable for almost all root canals. The F360 is almost an all-rounder in endodontic treatment.
In what formats is this endodontic file system available?
It is available in 4 sizes: diameters 025 and 035 , which serve for 80% of endodontics and there are also two additional sizes for wider ducts which are: 045 and 055. In Dentaltix you can find boxes of files of each size, or a practical introduction kit to the F360 system.
Step by step preparation of the root canal with the endodontic system F360.
As you can see in the video, is step by step this system is very simple and F360 files respect the entire length of the root canal without any step or displacement of the canal.
- STEP 1: Manual probing, for example with Files K 010
- STEP 2: Coronal widening, with the Opener File
- STEP 3: Sliding track with the PathGlider Lima (03 taper)
- STEP 4: Instrumentation with the File F360 of diameter 025 (conicity 04)
- STEP 5: Instrumentation with the File F360 of diameter 035 (conicity 04)
If you are interested in this demonstration, we recommend two other articles with video from our blog in which Fran, CMO Dentaltix, visited Fernando de Komet to tell us everything we need to know about their endodontic products:
- Endodontic treatment: step by step products where Fernando, from Komet, explains to us which product to use for each step of an endodontic treatment.
- "Video guide, we tested the Komet Restart Re-treatment files" a small video sample of the Re-treatment procedure.