We have tested the new range of rotary endodontic retreatment files Komet, long tradition brand now with the latest in re-endodontia thanks to ReStart y Skytaper.
Get a look at our video on youtube to discover firsthand the simplicity offered by Komet and its advantages , including:
- Fast, only 2-3 minutes by root canal
- Simplified system, all ducts are prepared only with 2 files
- Compatibility, works with all endodontic motors
- Tolerance, suitable for manual endodontics and rotatory
Characteristics of EndoRestart:
The EndoRestart files allow re-treatment and orthograde preparation to remove the gutta-percha from the previous failed endodontics. A NITI file system, is used to prepare any conduit with only 2 instruments:
- Special cutting geometry with dynamic torsion , optimal removal of root canal filling without altering root canal shape
- Effective non-shear tip "Safe activity"
- Conicity of .05, which allows adaptation to any duct thanks to the balance between high stability and flexibility
Retreatment guide and procedure
In the video we can observe the complete instrumentation process, first the file Restart Opener followed by Endo ReStart and ending with Skytaper F6.
The clinical steps are as followed:
- ENDO RESTART OPENER: Used firstly to eliminate the obturation in the coronal third of the duct
- Constant taper of .10
- Size 030
- 15 mm length
- Short active part of 5mm
- 4-surface tip
- Sterile (reusable)
- Limas Endo ReStart: Allows to eliminate the complete obturation of the root canal
- Constant taper of .05
- Size 025
- Length available in 21 and 25 mm
- Short active part of 5mm
- Tip of 2 surfaces
- Sterile (single use only)
- Limas SkyTaper F6, to finish the instrumentation with total safety a Skytaper F6 of 25mm (also available in 21 and 31mm in Dentaltix), together with a good irrigation of the conduit it manages to eliminate all the remaining traces of guttapercha in the walls and any infection focus persistent. SkyTaper files are the solution for retreatment and also for rotary endodontics whatever the case:
- Flexibility in the application and in the system
- Complete system: NiTi files in five sizes and three lengths for any root canal anatomy.
- Thanks to the .06 taper, there is the possibility of using any sealing system.
- Use with all motors and contra-angle handpieces with torque limitation.
- Design with greater efficiency and flexibility
- A single file for most ducts.
- Double S-shaped transverse profile with high cutting efficiency.
- Excellent preservation of the anatomy of the duct.
Visit our previous blog post if you want to know more about the latest techniques in root retreatment; and do not hesitate to contact us for more information and equip with the largest dental catalogue online at Dentaltix.