VIDU Chromatic Alginate is indicated for dental impressions of very high precision and elasticity, compact and with great definition of details.
Its chromatic phase indicator makes it easy to use and work with. Helps to prepare prints without having to worry about temperature changes or water hardness.
Characteristics of Chromatic Alginate:
- Class A type 1.
- Easy to mix.
- Extra fast in the mouth.
- High precision: 20 microns.
- Long-term dimensional stability (168 hours).
- Compatible with alginate impression disinfectant.
- Easy removal without deformation.
- Indicated for orthodontics, mobile prosthesis, antagonist of fixed and removable prosthesis, preliminary models and study models.
- Once the print has been made, it can be immersed in specific solutions without alteration by carefully following the manufacturer's instructions for use.
- Do not leave the print immersed in water and do not leave it in the open air.
- 5 years expiry date.
- Contents: 1 pack of 450 gr.
Alginate Chromatic Indicator:
- RED: After mixing the water and the powder the material takes on this colouring.
- Orange: indicates the time to pour the compound into the impression tray.
- When theyellow colour turns yellow, it is time to insert the cuvette into the oral cavity.
- Allow to set in the mouth: setting time approx. 30".
CHROMATIC ALGINATE VIDU - PLASTIC NEUTRAL CERTIFIED - ZERO PLASTIC FOOTPRINT
Alginate used in dentistry is a non-recyclable material. To avoid their environmental impact, the use of intraoral scanners, which allow the patient's mouth to be digitised, is recommended as an alternative. Research projects on the recycling of gypsum and alginates have been initiated in the UK with good results. But nowadays it is difficult to find an alternative and responsible consumption is recommended.
And regarding the plastic footprint generated by the packaging of the alginate packet. VIDU has reached an agreement with The Gravity Wave whereby every month the same amount of plastic is collected from the Mediterranean Sea, its coasts and ports as is generated.
Environmental Impact Gauges >> Plastic footprint of Chromatic Alginate = 0 grams
- Weight of plastic used = 10 gr.
- Weight of plastic collected = 10 gr.
- Type of collection: Normal
- Location: Mediterranean Sea.
- Data per 450 g packet of VIDU Alginate.
- Certified by Gravity Wave.
- Learn more.
LET'S BE PART OF THE CHANGE!
- Plastic Neutral. Certified by Gravity Wave.
- Production forthcoming. This alginate is manufactured and packaged in Europe, favouring local manufacturing and minimising transport.
- Fair price. By achieving a fair and reasonable price, we always seek to offer the easiest and least polluting recycling solution possible, guaranteeing the highest quality and hygienic conditions for the products.
- Responsible consumption. Do not use more alginate than necessary!
How to manage the waste generated in the clinic with the use of Alginate?
- How to recycle Alginate?
Unfortunately, alginate is a non-recyclable material. On the other hand, having been used in the mouth, it is considered as contaminated material with a potential biological risk. To avoid their environmental impact, the use of intraoral scanners is recommended as an alternative, allowing the patient's mouth to be digitised without generating as much non-recyclable waste.
- Can the packaging of this product be recycled?
VIDU Alginate comes in laminated plastic packages, because we need to protect the product from contact with light, oxygen and moisture. The plastic bag in which the alginate comes in is laminated polypropylene. It is a product composed of a multi-layered structure, in which several materials are fused together, which makes recycling very complicated. VIDU is working in collaboration with Gravity Wave in the development of alternative waste management solutions and we hope to be able to offer new solutions in the near future.
Where does this Chromatic Alginate come from?
One of the brand's objectives is transparency, which is why the country of origin is always specified on the packaging of all products. It will vary from one product to another, always looking for the manufacturing conditions that ensure: Quality, sustainability and fair prices.
In the case of Chromatic Alginate, it is manufactured in Italy.