Dental obturation materials are used in dentistry for the partial reconstruction of damaged or decayed tooth structures, so the material must be sufficiently elastic and strong, especially in the posterior teeth.
As you already know Medicaline has a wide variety of obturation materials, that is why we want to present to you an innovation on these materials. Recently,Vanessa Gagliano visited us to tell us about the properties and advantages of this new material.
Medicaline presents the mBasic® filling material
The mBasic is an easy-to-apply light-curing temporary obturation material, which is used to make both temporary Inlay, Onlay restorations in three sessions. It is also used for closing implant screw access cavities. Furthermore, it contains 3 syringes x 3 grams.
What are the advantages of mBasic by Medicaline?
- It is an aesthetic and translucid material ideal for anterior teeth.
- It is elastic (when there are excessive occlusal forces it will withstand that force and prevent the walls from fracturing).
- It is applied in a simple way and the handling is favorable, when opening it and taking some material there is less risk of contamination of the material in the syringe.
- The working time can be controlled because it will harden once activated with the light-curing device.
Tips for a better result with mBasic by Medicaline:
- Used at room temperature.
- It should not be placed on a material containing eugenol because it eliminates the polymerization of eugenol.
- The cover should be closed immediately after use because it is sensitive to light and may harden.
How to use mBasic by Medicaline:
- Its retention is purely mechanical with the tooth tissue, this means that when applying it, we do not need etching acid or any kind of adhesive, just the material directly into the cavity.
- Before using it in the mouth, the cavity must be dry and clean, it has to be applied to the tooth directly. It has a pleasant color with a transparent appearance and blends in with the tooth tissue to obtain the natural appearance of the tooth.
- With the use of a spatula we extract the product and cover the syringe so that the material does not polymerize and we proceed with the obturation: contour the restoration, leaving minimal excess.
- Once it has been applied, it is polymerized within 20 seconds with a standard photopolymerization light (approximately 650 mW / cm2).
- When the material is removed with the spatula, this material is extracted in a single piece and then our cavity will be totally perfect and ready to be restored with the definitive material.
Considerations when using mBasic:
- May cause allergic reactions when in contact with skin.
- To reduce allergic reactions, reduce exposure to uncured materials.
- If contact has been maintained for a prolonged period of time, wash with plenty of water and go to a health centre as soon as possible.
- It is recommended to use in a dry work field, so if this is not possible, please do not use mBasic.
And that's all for today's article on Medicaline mBasic obturation material. What's your opinion? Have you used mBasic yet? Feel free to visit our category dental cements by Medicaline where you can find a great variety of products. Also, feel free to contact us, we'll be happy to help you. Don't forget to take a look at our blog where you will be able to find many more posts on very interesting topics..
Keep informed with the latest news, promotions and offers and share it through your social networks. Don't forget to follow us, we are waiting for you!