Knowing which products or materials are best for our clinic can end up being a complex job, as the variety in the sector is growing and sometimes we may not have the necessary information.
Therefore, in this article we want to talk about orthodontics, and for that we have the help of David, promoter of KDM, which will explain what KDM is doing in orthodontics, what their best products are and what makes them so good.
The philosophy on which KDM is based and which, therefore, its products are also based, is to improve those small failures that still exist in the field of orthodontics:
- Improve the smoothness of the movement
- Use highest quality materials available on the market
¿What product does KDM have to offer?
KDM offers a wide variety of products, so below we will tell you what are the benefits and facilities that we can get from working with them:
This type of brackets are manufactured with the MIM technology (metal injection by molding), ie, the metal is injected into the mold, is molded and you get the bracket.
Bracket Mini KDM
- Facilitation of movement thanks to the use of a very low profile
- Allows bonding paste to flow very well Thanks to its 80 point mesh base
- Very smooth and very continuous motion > due to German surgical steel material of 17.4
- Allows a motion forecast calculated by the orthodontist
Metallic self-ligating bracket
The characteristics of this bracket are identical to those of the traditional Mini Bracket, except for a few differences:
- It's self-ligating
- Includes a lid that opens and closes where the arc is introduced
- Self-linked arches tend to increase movement speed and bone resorption, so KDM has compensated with a passive self-linked that makes less connection the arch with the lid and there is very low friction thanks to the material used.
In the field of aesthetic brackets, KDM has two main models:
Bracket Ceramic with Aluminum Particles
- Decreased bracket wear thanks to its 99.7% purity, allowing it to be a solid bracket throughout the treatment
- Very high retention of the bracket on the tooth due to its micro-sanded retention base. This also avoids quite a few fractures in the middle of the bracket which are common in ceramics
- Facilitation of tooth movement by using a highly polished slot
- Much higher friction than ceramics
- Like metal, this is a bracket monoblock due to MIM technology
- Innovation by the use of a sapphire complete and natural artificially manufactured
- It is not injected like the previous ones, it is milled , thus allowing a highly hard milling that will make not break any hook or fin and avoid breaks in the removal of the bracket
- High retention on the tooth due to a very good micro-sanded partial filing base. This avoids falls and extra costs for the patient and dentist
- Very low friction, almost as low as metal
The KDM tubes have a high retention on the dental piece thanks to its mesh of 80 points of connection and with its highly polished slot.
Two types of tubes can be differentiated: convertibles (image similar to that of the bracket) and no convertibles (its mission is to be a tube only)
We hope you liked all the information about orthodontic products. You can keep getting all kind of information from our Facebook and Instagram. We look forward to seeing you!