The use of a whitening lamp is one of the many methods available to whiten teeth, but is it the most effective? Or even the most durable? And how do you know if you are making the right choice when buying a whitening lamp for your dental practice? Sometimes it may be hard to read the specifications and make a choice when everything seems to offer the same features. Do you know what are the most important settings you are looking for when choosing a whitening lamp?
We'll answer to this and more questions in this guide to help you choose your own whitening lamp!
Do I need a whitening lamp?
Dental whitening products are effective after a number of uses and can last a few weeks, and as you know a teeth whitening lamp speeds up treatment by much, leading to a similar or even better result with a much faster process. These lamps can be used to accelerate the bleaching process by accompanying specific products in the treatment.
Their function is simple, the specific light has a direct effect on the patient's teeth, on which a whitening agent is applied, so that after a certain number of sessions of a few minutes each, depending on the lamp you choose, the agent has had more than one process completed.
The features of the perfect whitening lamp:
The quality of a lamp is often reflected in the range of options to control the whitening of each patient's teeth.
But there are other parameters that differentiate whitening lamps:
- These devices exist in several sizes, several weights, and several hanging modes. Most of them also have casters. We will focus on the practicality of the arm joints and the comfort with which we will be able to use the device without feeling overwhelmed.
- Functions for adjusting operating times, colour change and exposure power are available on some whitening lamps to best adapt the procedure to each patient.
- The number of colours projected by the LED increases the wavelength covered by the device, making it possible to treat patients more or less effectively depending on their sensitivity.
- A lamp equipped with a ventilator will provide better comfort to the patient but is likely to emit an annoying noise, unless the ventilator is optimized not to emit sound.
- The heat production of the device must be reasonable to avoid any sensitization of the patient's teeth.
It is up to you to choose a product according to these characteristics and the demands of your patients.
Which product is right for me?
- Easy to install and to use.
- Sufficient blue light in the majority of the cases.
- Memory function.
- Good price/quality ratio
- All basic functionalities
- Good handling
- Allows adjustment of time, intensity and the colour of the light and also allows each patient to have a personalized profile
- Lightweight and mobile
- Provides the same result in a shorter amount of time compared to a standard whitening lamp.
- 3 types of light
- Wi-Fi connection for remote use
You now have the keys in your hands to choose a whitening lamp that better suits the needs of your patients. Feel free to contact us if you have any doubts! You always find us on social media with the buttons below.