One of the most important steps when performing prosthetic work is taking impressions. Impression materials are used in dentistry to reproduce in detail all the structures found in the oral cavity.
Among these impression materials are addition silicones, ideal for crown impressions, bridges, fixed prostheses, orthodontic models, mouth guards or bleaching trays.
In the market we find a high variety of addition silicones, so sometimes it can be a problem to choose one of them. That's why we want to talk to you about Medicaline's addition silicones and why they are one of the most sold on our website.
Benefits of Medicaline Addition Silicones
Vanessa Gagliano, Medicaline's Product Manager, helps us explain all the benefits and uses of this video in detail:
Medicaline's silicones are focused on achieving a better mixture for a better result. A good base is the beginning of all good construction and only with a good base you get faithful impressions. This is what makes Medicaline silicones help you achieve excellent results.
The main benefits of Medicaline's addition silicones are:
- They are non-rigid and irreversible impression materials.
- Odourless, clean and easy to mix
- They reproduce better the detail, the dimensional stability and have a greater elastic recovery. Specifically, they are capable of clearly reproducing 97.5% of the parts of the oral cavity that you want to achieve.
- Pleasant smell and taste
- Emptying after at least one hour when H2 is released and does not alter the emptying of the gypsum
- Stable to disinfection
- Thixotropics: although they do not flow into the cuvette, they flow at the lowest pressure in the gingival margin and interdental spaces.
- Physiologically neutral product
How should they be used?
It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions when using this type of silicone. Here are some recommendations:
- Before making the second impression, we must dry and wash the first one well.
- Close bottles tightly after use
- Do not interchange the caps of the jars because we can mix the product of the base with those of the catalyst.
- Keep it at a suitable temperature
- Do not use with powder gloves. Ideally, use without gloves or with nitrile gloves.
Medicaline Addition Silicones
Medicaline offers a line of high quality, high-precision silicones for double printing techniques called M-precision.
This line is broken down into Putty and Light. Each of them has two different types of setting: fast and normal, which differ in working times.