The sanitary uniform used in the dental clinic is a very important element and must meet a series of requirements to achieve its objective of protecting the dentist, the staff assistant and patients of potential infections present in aerosols and surfaces. That is why clinical clothing has a fundamentally protective function, but at the same time it must be comfortable, functional and practical to help professionals carry out their task. In addition to this and no less important, it must represent what the clinic wants to convey to help reinforce its corporate image through its professionals.
Both dentists and dental hygienists are professionals who are highly exposed to a large number of microorganisms during the exercise of their work, these can be the result of the use of aerosols in high-speed instruments or simply with contact with oral fluids such as saliva and blood, this being a propitious environment, if precautions are not taken, to the spread of potential diseases. The sanitary uniforms , together with the other PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) fulfill this important task and for this they must meet some requirements such as being made of durable fabrics, resistant and able to withstand repeated washing at high temperatures without losing its qualities. If you want to refine your criteria to choose the best uniform for your dental clinic, you cannot miss this article.
Medical uniforms: fundamental characteristics
Without a doubt, the composition of the fabric and the qualities it brings to the medical uniform is one of the most important aspects to take into account. Although cotton, polyester and microfiber are the three most used fabrics in this type of clothing, perhaps cotton is the most comfortable and the one that provides the highest quality and durability. If, on the other hand, what is required is that the uniform be repellent to fluids or waterproof, polyester is the best alternative that can provide this benefit. This is how we find different fabric compositions on the market and our choice will vary depending on the use we need to give the garment. Additionally, spandex is sometimes added, which is a synthetic fiber that gives elasticity to the fabric, a useful characteristic to carry out daily work with greater comfort and freedom of movement.
Design and comfort
For a sanitary uniform to have a good design, of course it doesn't matter. The cut and characteristics of the fabric can make a big difference between one garment or another. Ideally, a sanitary uniform should be comfortable and allow free movement. As for colors, traditionally white, blue and green have been used, however, today it is possible to find a wide variety of colors and patterns on the market so that you can customize your clinic outfit.
Resistance is a key feature to ensure the useful life of your sanitary uniform . Some brands offer high-quality uniforms, which allow more than 100 washes without losing their properties. Since the dental profession is highly exposed to a large number of microorganisms, the possibility of washing the uniform with bleach, without damaging it, is an advantage and if the uniform is also autoclavable, even better.
Types of sanitary uniform for dental clinics
Your medical uniform will accompany you for a large part of the day and therefore making you feel comfortable and liking its design is nothing superficial. In addition, the medical uniform evokes in patients a sense of confidence, security and professionalism.
There are different types of clinical clothing that will help you carry out your work more protected and comfortable, these are:
Sanitary pajamas: comfort, safety and many pockets!
The sanitary pajamas are made up of a jacket and pants, although these are also sold separately. It should be comfortable and ideally made of a hypoallergenic and breathable fabric. In addition, both garments usually have pockets so you can store everything you need and always have it at hand. We recommend:
Gallantdale Dr. House Men's Sanitary Antibacterial Repellent Pajamas
Made of antibacterial Win fabric composed of 50% cotton and 50% polyester. This uniform will give you the comfort and security you need for your daily work at the dental clinic.
- Fluid repellent.
- Sterilizable and antibacterial fabric.
- It can be washed with chlorine, it resists more than 100 washes maintaining its properties.
- V-neck jacket with many pockets.
- Straight pants.
- Available for women Dr. Quinn sanitary pajamas .
- Great variety of colors.
Gallantdale Woman Sanitary Jacket The Factory Antibacterial Repellent
Women's sanitary jacket, in printed fabric, made of 50% cotton and 50% polyester.
- Multiple pockets to store everything you need.
- Fluid repellent and antibacterial.
- Resistant to chlorine and up to 100 washes.
- Also available men's sanitary jacket.
- Printed and with a wide variety of colors.
Sanitary gown: a touch of professionalism
Traditionally white, the sanitary gown in addition to protecting you, provides a touch of indisputable professionalism. At Dentaltix we recommend:
Toledo Men's Sanitary Gown Antibacterial Repellent Gallantdale
Gallantdale's regular cut sanitary gown is an essential for your daily outfit at the dental clinic. It has a strap on the back and several pockets, one on the chest and front pockets.
- Made of 50% cotton and 50% polyester Win fabric.
- American-style buttons.
- Long sleeve.
- White color.
- Repellent, antibacterial and sterilizable.
Lisboa QX Women's Sanitary Gown Repellent Antibacterial Gallantdale
The Lisboa sanitary gown is essential for your clinical practice, as well as protecting you, it has a slim fit cut, with a lot of style!
- Made of Win fabric 50% cotton and 50% polyester.
- White color.
- American style buttons.
- Adjustable cuffs.
- Antiobacterial, repellent and sterilizable.
Surgeon's cap: an essential accessory
A surgeon cap made of cloth is a great option if you want to avoid the use of disposable caps. In addition to protecting your head from the inevitable aerosols, it will give you the chance to add a touch of color to your uniform. Our recommendation:
Euronda multi-colored dental cap
Euronda's surgical cap is made of cotton and is very comfortable as it adapts to any size.
- In accordance with the regulation EU Regulation 2016/425 on PPE.
- 9 colors to choose the one you like best: green, sky blue, yellow, orange, navy blue, pink, white, lilac and black.
- Can be autoclaved at 121º C.
Tips for choosing the best sanitary uniform for your dental clinic
To simplify, when selecting the best sanitary uniform for your dental clinic you should take into account:
- Hygiene: Scrubs should be easy to wash and disinfect to prevent the spread of microorganisms and diseases.
- Comfort : Scrubs must be comfortable and allow the necessary movement to perform daily tasks in the dental clinic.
- Safety: Scrubs should be designed to minimize the risk of accidents and injuries during daily work.
- Durability: Scrubs must be durable and strong enough to withstand daily wear and tear and frequent laundering.
- Identification: Scrubs should be easily identifiable so that patients can easily distinguish dental clinic staff.
- Aesthetics: Scrubs must be aesthetically attractive and be in line with the professional image of the dental clinic. This is important!
- Regulatory compliance: Sanitary uniforms must comply with the regulations and safety and hygiene standards established by the local health authorities, which are usually the same as those mentioned above.
We hope you liked our post and it has been useful for you to become an expert choosing your next dental outfit. Remember to contact us if there is anything we can do for you, we will be happy to help you. We invite you to follow us on our social media to always be up to date on the latest news in the dental sector. See you soon!.