Today we will talk about the most effective methods to prevent oral cancer. By following these simple steps one can put them selves in the best possible position to prvent mouth cancer and to obtain in general a healthy and clean mouth.
Develop and Maintain a Complete Care Routine
- Maintain a good oral hygiene regime: If you can develop a good oral hygiene routine, you can reduce the risk of mouth cancer by preventing infections and other diseases. Brushing your teeth, using dental floss and rinsing with mouthwash are all ways to keep your mouth healthy and clean. Continuous and long gum disease, poor oral hygiene and the absence of some teeth can cause infections that put the mouth at high risk of cancer. Make sure you do not have improperly installed dentures with sharp edges or broken teeth that can cause recurrent infection as this can also increase ones chances of contracting mouth cancer.
- Perform a self-examination of the mouth to check for pre-cancer signs: Identifying symptoms early on is one of the best ways to effetively and successfully treat oral cancer. Signs of irratated mouth tissues appears to be one of the most common factors that gets associated with this disease. Use a small mirror to look for and check for any abnormalities that could indicate precancerous or cancer.
Make a visit to the dentist regularly to get a professional opinion. Even better than having a self-examination, go to a dentist so that he can professionally examine the health of your mouth. Dentists have been widely trained for many varieties of oral cavity disease and your doctor will be able to quickly and safely evaluate the health of your mouth; they will be sure to advise you further if they do find signs or indications of cancer in the mouth.
Making Healthy Choices in Lifestyle
- Protect yourself from excessive exposure to the sun: Exposure to ultraviolet rays from the sun increases the risk of various types of cancer, including that of the lips and mouth. By protecting the external of the mouth can prevet the foramtion of cancer spreading from outside in.
- Eat foods that prevent cancer and avoid those that are associated with cancer: Food in the daily diet plays an important role in the fight against carcinogens in the body. Eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, avoid long-life and processed foods. This type of diet minimizes the chances of developing mouth cancer.
Stop using tobacco products to prevent oral cancer: All smoking derivatives, including chewing tobacco, pipe etc.,thst put the mouth in contact with chemicals, facilitating the formation of tumors.
- Limit the alcohol to prevent problems with the organic tissues of the mouth: Certain studies have not yet been carried out, for now we only know that the alcohol is connected to some tumors, avoid the abuse.
Do not contract the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV): Be cautious of the partner you choose to sexually engage with as the disease can even be transmitted through one simple kiss.