ROEKO HEMOSTATIC SPONGES
Gelatamp resorbable hemostats are specially indicated for the treatment of alveoli and the stabilization of coagulation in dental surgeries.
The Gelatamp is composed mainly of a porous foam of gelatin and finely dispersed (colloidal) silver powder. Silver produces an antibacterial effect due to the release, in small amounts, of silver ions in an aqueous medium. In this way, no resistance is produced and wound infections are prevented. The effectiveness of gelatamp in antibiotic-resistant germs has been proven. Characteristics:
- Very early wound hemostasis.
- High antibacterial capacity.
- High absorption capacity evenly and completely.
- Good stabilization of the clot.
- Fully biocompatible.
- It is absorbed completely in four weeks.
Advantages of Gelatamp :
- Improvement of the cicatrization process.
- No need to remove the sponge at a second surgery.
- Saving time for high hemostatic capacity.
Indications of the Gelatamp:
- Perforations of the maxillary sinus
- Removal of cysts or tumors
- Retained teeth
- Wound infection
- Secondary bleeding
- Secondary cavity formations
Gelatamp healing process:
- Placement of Gelatamp
- The sponge absorbs an amount of blood between 55 and 75 times its own weight without increasing volume
- Platelet aggregation the structure of the sponge favors the deposition of platelets and the stimulation of blood clotting
- Stabilization of the clot
- Wide antimicrobial deposit effect
- Complete absorption of the sponge within three weeks.
- Container with 50 Gelatamp sponges.