Continuing with the second part of the post "The new normality in the dental clinic" we will tell you everything you need to know about the equipment necessary for a good disinfection of the clinic and the protocol to be followed for the sterilization of the instruments used with each patient.
As we mentioned in the previous article, it is essential to have a clean and hygienic environment in all the clinic to avoid catching or spreading Covid-19. Preserving everyone's health is the most important thing. Below you will find a complete guide with very useful information.
Surface disinfectants in the dental clinic:
It is very important to keep the surfaces in the dental clinic carefully and correctly disinfected so that a clean and virus-free space can be ensured. You can find all the necessary material, effective and not only for the surfaces, but also for environments, floors, furniture, equipment and rotary instruments (piezas de mano y contraángulos), (handpieces and contra-angle handpieces), as is the case of Kwipes Spray, with a wide action spectrum.
You will find the Desbak bactericide with quaternary harmonium for sanitizing effect, among others.
The autoclaves are able to provide optimal sterilization of the instruments, something that has always been important and is now more necessary than ever. There are many types of autoclaves:
- Class N Autoclave : for cleaning simple and flat instruments.
- Class S Autoclave: they are more complete than class N but they are not valid for all instruments.
- Class B autoclave: sterilizes all instruments, safer and more complete.
How do you choose the autoclave you need?
This will depend on the internal volume of the autoclave chamber, del the number of trays it contains or the sterilization capacity of the autoclave.
All these factors will depend on the use and volume of patients or size of the clinic. That is why we offer you a great variety of autoclaves of different brands so that you can choose the one that best suits your needs.
Ultrasonic dentistry cleaners:
Its function in the dental clinic isto clean the instruments (especially the small ones) thanks to a container where they are introduced and where the disinfectant liquid is in charge of performing the disinfection and cleaning function. Moreover, do not forget that the are used before the cleaning of the autoclave. As with the autoclave, you will be able to choose the most suitable for you and the one that best suits your dental clinic.
Its function is to transform the oxygen in the air into ozone eliminating the bad smells and contamination of viruses,(including Covid-19), bacteria, fungi, etc. It is very important to use the ozone generators in a proper way to not exceed the limits when people are present..
They have a great disinfecting power transforming the air and maintaining everyone's health in a favourable way.
Extraoral suction is used to remove mist, splashes and suspended water droplets through a filter unit tube. The air is filtered through an articulated arm and returned to the clinic clean and disinfected.
An example of a complete air aspirator is Eolo Plus Aspiration Unit, with dual retention system.
With the air purifiers you will achieve a disinfection in the environment: patient waiting rooms, the cabinet or any other place where it is necessary. The clinic will be sanitized to avoid possible infections in both patients and dentists. With the HEPA filter it will be possible to eliminate suspended particles and to control the air in the environment.
A good equipment to purify the air is Hygeolis 100% natural. It is capable of eliminating 99.99% of particles and bacteria and includes a biocide filter and a very high density activated carbon filter.
Disinfection and sterilization protocol for instruments
- Always with the PPIs: removal of the sharp and cutting material in the specific containers for these instruments.
- Hand instruments and burs: introduce them in the tray for sterilization once or twice a day.
- The disposable material should be thrown away: bibs, cups, cannulas...
- The material that has been worked on must be stored at its place of storage.
- Rotary instruments: must be disconnected from the hoses for disinfection. Place them on absorbent paper and spray them with disinfectant, leaving more than one minute to guarantee the effectiveness of these products. then they must be greased and sterilized in the cycle for Rotary,between 121-124ºC.
- Clean surfaces: worktops, hoses, chair backs, etc. should be sprayed with disinfectant after each patient and dried with paper towels.
Disinfection and sterilization protocol of the dental clinic
- Use of gloves..
- Clean all surfaces with a scourer, soap and water,, rinse, dry and wipe with bleach for non-metallic areas and alcohol for those with metal.
- Suction systems will be cleaned at the end of the day with a disinfectant solution. Then rinse with water.
- Make sure there's no unwashed debris.
At Dentaltix you have the possibility to choose your products with a great variety and high quality for the disinfection and cleaning so important and compulsory from the dental clinic at present:
- Sterilisation Bags:used to store the material before sterilizing it.
- Aspiration disinfectant: keeps the sanitized suction systems and equipment . You can find it in liquid or tablet.
- Anti foaming: prevent foaming and disinfect dental equipment.
- Bur disinfectant: in different packs and quantities.
- Cleansing wipes: very useful to clean surfaces, dental clinic materials and even hands.
- Dental impression disinfectant: sanitisation of silicone, alginate, polyether and polysulphide prints.
- Sterilisation-rolls: used to sterilize the equipment as autoclaves through ethylene oxide steam
So far the second part of today's post about adequate equipment and materials, for a proper disinfection of your dental clinic during these months. And to minimize risks of any kind, including the risk of contagion by Covid-19, it is always important to have the clinic clean and as disinfected as possible. The risk of acquiring any virus even Coronavirus will be lower so we consider mandatory the use of individual protection and a proper state of cleanliness of the clinic, surfaces, instruments and equipment. What do you think? Did you find the information interesting? Don't hesitate to leave us your comments with your experience or even doubts, we will be happy to help you.
Remember, if you liked this article, share it and visit us on our social networks, where you will be informed of all the latest news.