Temporary cement for different 3M treatments
Cavit is a self-curing temporary restorative material. Itdoes not contain eugenol and is used for temporary restorations, as it can be easily removed in one go.
Being Eugenol-free, it does not prevent the polymerisation of other resin-based dental materials or resin-modified glass ionomers. It provides good adhesion to dental structures by sealing the cavity and preventing the passage of fluids, bacteria or contamination of dressings with medication that may be applied inside the restoration.
In addition, it is abrasion resistant, but can be easily removed without the use of a turbine, which reduces treatment time and stress for the patient.
As a composite based on zinc oxide and synthetic resins, this dental cement hardens quickly in the oral cavity without the need for halogen light or mixing with catalysts.
Characteristics of Cavit temporary filling material:
- An essential part of the temporary restoration process.
- It adapts to the different needs of dental clinics.
- Proven filler material for temporary fillings.
- Fast curing without voids in a humid environment.
- Easy application with filling instruments.
- Contents: 1 x 28 g. container.
Suitable uses of Cavit Cement:
- Cavit (pink container) (high surface hardening): for temporary fillings of occlusion-laden restorations.
- Cavit W (white container) (reduced final hardening, increased adhesion): indicated for temporary fillings after endodontic treatment.
- Cavit G (grey container) (fully removable without breakage): for inlay preparation and after endodontic treatment.