As we know, periodontal probes help us detect periodontal pockets if they're present, as well as their depth.
The periodontal probing method allows us to evaluate periodontal tissues. Therefore, it's very important to choose a catheter that allows us to obtain an optimal evaluation where both doctor and patient are comfortable and get the best possible results.
In previous years there were only manual periodontal probes on the market. Now it is increasingly common to find digital periodontal probes that make our work easier.
Differences between manual and digital periodontal probes
Sometimes manual periodontal probes lead us to make mistakes because we are unable to see exactly what's happening in the patient's mouth.These are some of the advances and advantages that digital periodontal probes give us as opposed to manual ones:
- Technology focused and applied only to the diagnosis and follow-up of periodontal treatment
- Audiovisual reproduction of the exam results, which allows us to see a wider and more complete view of the patient's mouth. Additionally, this allows us to better explain to the patient what their issues are by allowing them to visualize it
- The results are transmitted automatically to the patient without the need for intermediate procedures, thus saving time
- Provides us with aclinical history of the patient which allows us to easily see both graphical and numerical changes over time
- The results are always accurate, reproducible and are not dependent on factors such as change of doctor or pressure applied
- We can measure indicators such as pocket depth, bleeding, plaque location, missing and impacted teeth, implants and crowns, hyperplasia, gingival adhesion, etc.
Benefits of the Pa-On Automatic Periodontal Probe
The market for digital probes has been growing in recent years and more innovative products are being created. This can be a problem when trying to decide which one to buy. We want to make your job easier and recommend the latest in digital periodontal probes: the Pa-On automatic periodontal probe.
It allows an automated and guided measurement thanks to its software, which is totally integrated in the software of the clinic. The results are transferred directly to the byzz Paro or management software, allowing the results to be displayed quickly on the periodontal graph and not to be recorded manually.
Also offers a standardized measurement are always accuracy and pressure of 20g. because the disposable and hygienic measuring tip is calibrated to be made that way. This makes the results more accurate and standardized even for different users. However, this does not cause any pain to the patient.
However, it also allows measurement as usual, the clinic does not have to change procedures already in use. In addition, these can be saved individually according to the user and the patient can be automatically alerted when data is collected.
Why choose the Pa-On periodontal probe?
The PA-On automatic periodontal probe offers a series of distinct features in comparison to other probes that are fundamental to conducting any periodontal study.
- Quick callibration: lthe probe will confirm that it's ready with a beep
- Ergonomical and wireless, it's like a traditional probe without the cables
- Simple Operation due to automatic real measurements. In addition, it allows yoiu to record additional information such as bleeding rate.
- Always up to date and ready to use thanks to a base designed for uploading, data transfer and probe repose.
- Disposable steril tip that causes little pain and works with an exact pressure of 20g
- It incorporates a screen that displays information both acoustically and visually. All of this data is automatically transferred.